Monday, December 10, 2012

Making Tamales


What a quick weekend & Monday is upon us! Had a lot of fun this weekend helping some friends make tamales for Christmas. This was only my 2nd time at this & it had been MANY years since I made them before. For some reason...it didn't seem quite as hard this time. The best part was they were kind enough to send a nice big bag of tamales home with me. That is a treat we don't have that often. We ended up making 9 1/2 dozen all beef tamales & I am looking pretty pleased with the end result! Next weekend...time for the pork! Mexican food is my VERY favorite! Have a great week everyone! 

4 comments:

Jen xo said...

oh they look nice diane, ive never tried them ...!!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

How fun!!!
We love the photo of you having fun,,, and we love tomales too.
love
tweeedles

Pug Hugs, P@ul@ said...

Glad you had a great time! Mexican huh? Mine Chinese!

Marilyn said...

The tamales look wonderful. I used to get them every year at Christmas from my housekeeper. I don't have her anymore so I won't have those tasty morsels this year.!